jcardinell

Thursday, December 22, 2005

wanderlust

so yea, I guess I should have mentioned my birthday...I totally skipped it...I guess the reason I did not post anything was because I as alone all day in a car driving to an interview that was pointless. But it is odd that I failed to mention it....I mean almost every month I take note of my "birthday day." I did get lots of text and phone calls. It is weird the people who call/text to wish you a happy birthday. I know that they did not remember it, there phone reminded most of them I am sure...but still the fact they took the 5.5 seconds to text me of the 2 minutes to call me does say something about them. It is funny b/c I only responded to one of the text....I guess the fact that I did not respond to most of them and that I responded to this particular one says something about me.

anyway I am starting out on this new year.....Oh boy when I think where I was this time last year...wow.....craziness....I wonder where I will be this time next year.......I can only hope that I am not in the same place emotionally/psychologically......I would also prefer to to not be in the same place geographically. I guess that is funny too. a year ago this time I was so ready to go to ny and here I am. I have gone and I have returned....not at the conquering prince....but as the disheveled vagabond......I guess wanderers have to settle down at some time....I think am destine to wander the landscape....this wanderlust is something that I have always had...I always thought it was a blessing....maybe it is a curse....I am sure there is some ancient myth about a man cursed to wander the earth.....

the definition of wandering is: 1 a : to move about without a fixed course, aim, or goal b : to go idly about 2 : to follow a winding course 3: to go astray (as from a course)

I however am not a wandering.....I am constantly on the look out for something....what am I looking for? I don't know....but I do know this...if I don't soon find that thing for which I am looking my travels will soon turn into a definite and ill-defined wandering....

3 Comments:

  • i'm glad ur home...for now!! love to u!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Dec 22, 10:12:00 AM 2005  

  • im always wandering, searching for something...... i want to find it... but i guess to find it, i must define what "it" is. therefore, i fear i will never find what it is i'm looking for....

    -hill

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Dec 31, 02:56:00 PM 2005  

  • i annulled my lease on my 20th birthday after a long bitter fight between roommates. happy birthday me. this year i get to loose my health insurance.. adulthood.. fun.. :)

    i think not leaving life open for opportunity to grow and change is what creates stagnant cynical bitter people. which i understand. i would be bitter and cynical if i knew i was stuck. but there are many ways to skin a cat and so there is always someway. somewhere.

    adam got on this big kick about the song The Sunscreen Song by Baz Lurhman and it's really just his advice for life.. and the best i think he gives is that to not worry if you don't know what you want to do with your life at 22 or 33 or 47. And that the most interesting people he has meet still don't know. I think that is quickly becoming my new philosophy. just keep you head up and your eyes open and you'll see what you need to see to do what you need to do. good luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Feb 23, 11:16:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home