jcardinell

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

why?

People say that I am vain.....Well according to G. K. Chesterton there is a difference between vanity and Pride. The prideful person is looking for the applause of one person, and they already have it. (that person is themselves). The Vain person is looking for the applause of ever person.

Maybe this is why the vain person "had one eye in the mirror As you watched yourself go by." If Carly Simon's man was vain he was not admiring himself; he was making sure his hair was fixed so everyone else there would think he was hot. So yea, if I am anything I am vain. Fore vanity is nothing more than an issue of low self esteem.

therefore, I wonder.... Everyone wants me to be where they are. The people in NY want me here. I have known Hillary less than a week and inside of every conversation she is like "don't leave." The Washington Square Village Super Friends are like "you can't go." At the same time, everyone in Mississippi is like "I can't wait until you come home." It just seems like everyone wants me where they are.

Why?

I am not funny.
I am not cute. (ha but maybe I make them cute by comparison)
I am not the life of the party. (dear lord, I just stand in the corner and wonder when I can leave)
I can't carry on a good conversation. ( I freak out when ever anyone wants to know what I am thinking--or I simply nod and smile, agreeing with their most stupid comments)

I simply don't understand why everyone wants me nearby. I mean, heck, I don't want me near by...

oh well....Off to bed.....

5 Comments:

  • Because we love you -
    you are my #1 Son
    But don't do what "everyone" wants do what JAY wants!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love mama

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 08:15:00 AM 2005  

  • sure we all want u around, nyc or ms. have u ever thought that the reasons u listed are the reasons we do want u around?!!? that is u! we love u for U! that is why!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 10:34:00 AM 2005  

  • aww my fam loves me--haha

    By Blogger j_cardinell, At Tue Dec 06, 03:39:00 PM 2005  

  • i think you think too much .. and besides at the end of it all, you will be alone anyhow, so just move somewhere that new people can want you to be around them all the time ... but the question "why?" asks for motivation .. and no one really understands the motivation of another .. maybe what you should do is do the thing I want to do .. fake your death and start over ... ha ha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Dec 06, 08:46:00 PM 2005  

  • um, not sure about faking your death, but i, at least, won't be pulling your arm to stay or go because you don't live near me anyway!! ;) coming & going is always bittersweet. good luck....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Thu Dec 08, 12:33:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home