jcardinell

Monday, August 29, 2005

here I am

So yea, here I am!

Last night I heard what I thought was thunder and I was sort of upset because I was about to set out for the grocery store to buy some much needed food. However, when I went out on my balcony, I realized that it was not about to rain. I headed out for the grocery store to buy some essentials like poptarts and ham. On the way I heard a man ask another, "What are they doing?" The response came, "They are celebrating." I could not hear the answer because I was out of ear shot, but someone was celebrating something with fireworks. I started thinking about the sound and it sounded like explosions. Of course they were explosions because fireworks explode. But in my mind they were not fireworks. I began to think about what it must have been like to be a young woman or a child in the countryside far away from London. In my scene, the child lived in a house in the middle of the woods and could not actually see London. She could hear it though. She could hear the explosions; she could hear, only in her mind-or was it for real-she could hear the sound of a city burning. The explosions caused by the falling German bombs were deep and they sank into her bones. The explosions are still there today, oh so many years later. The explosions are there.


This is where my mind was last night while I walked the streets of New York. You would think that I would be thinking about my present and what effect it will have my future, but no I was imagining the effects of WWII on a young child--Yea I am odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home