jcardinell

Saturday, July 16, 2005

So, yea I am at work. For those of you who do not know, I work at a hotel. Let me just say first of all that, while I stay in hotels, the following statement does not apply to me.

PEOPLE WHO RENT ROOMS IN HOTELS ARE STUPID!!!

Let me give you the my most recent example. Pay attention because it gets somewhat confusing. This lady comes up to the counter and says that she is locked out of her room. Well, I proceed to give her a key to her room. She then tells me that she does not need a key. Immediantly a very confused look comes over my face. She begins to explain. Then, seeing that I still don't grasp the situation, she explains again. After five or so minutes of my face carrying that mystified look I finally understood that I was not the stupid one--she was.

Here is what she did. She has two adjoins rooms. In room A, she latched the security lock. She then exited room A through the adjoining door into room B. She, being the bright person that she is, closed the adjoining door. Just in case you don't know, these door only have knobs on one side. You cannot open them from the other room. She is therefore, officially, irrevocably locked out of her room.

Now I, being the caring (and cute) front desk guy that I am, called the maintenance guy. He informs me that he will be here in about an hour. When I inform the lady that he will be an hour, she gets rather upset. Now I can understand that she wants in her room, but the entire situation is her fault so i have very little sympathy. I guess I insinuated this when I repeated several times "you locked yourself out."

Anyway, the funniest thing was when she asked if I could call a rescue squad to get her in so she could take a shower--I told her no.

anyway, I am going back to work and will add more later-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home