jcardinell

Monday, October 03, 2005

Sebna

so yea, rumor has it that we have discovered a new planet.

That is crazy! I mean this is really crazy! Just imagine what this means for all the many school children who learned the planets. There are tons of different types of mnemonic devises. (I actually never used them, but Laura Love always used one to remember the planets. However, since I could not remember it I had to goggle it.) The one that came up when I googled was "My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas." I mean now we have to come up with another word, and since the newest planets name is Sedna the word has to begin with "S." This could be kind of fun. Can you just imagine the astronomers sitting in a room making up new mnemonic devises. I will not even attempt this because I am not that smart.

6 Comments:

  • My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Perfect Sandwiches

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Oct 04, 08:28:00 AM 2005  

  • leave it up to daddy! i like the count down, j! thats pretty cool! so, that means ur gonna be home for ur bday? send details. love to ya.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Oct 04, 09:46:00 AM 2005  

  • Sorry to burst your bubble, but i dont think its in our solar system, and i dont think that its the first past the "original nine." they've been discovering planets outside of our solar system for about 5 or 6 years now. I think they are up to something like 130.

    http://www.astrobio.net/
    news/modules.php?op=modload&name=
    News&file=article&sid=1642&mode=
    thread&order=0&thold=0

    Read the first paragraph of that article. (your gonna have to copy and paste each line in since i hit return to be able to put it all in while remaining visible.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Oct 04, 11:19:00 AM 2005  

  • my bubble is not burst (or as i would like to say "busted") because i am gonna have fun making up senteces for these--but i will let you, mr smarty pants, make up a device to remember the 130 or so others...

    By Blogger j_cardinell, At Tue Oct 04, 12:37:00 PM 2005  

  • yay to you coming home!!!! hurry it up, buster!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Tue Oct 04, 02:30:00 PM 2005  

  • There's another planet?!?!?!?!? Gosh I miss having a life...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Sat Oct 08, 07:00:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home