jcardinell

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

what i have learned

(this is my article for the EBC newsletter coming out next week...it has not been proofread so get over it! haha)

So what have I learned in the past month? Oh man where should I begin? How about The Providence of God? What about The Faithfulness of God? Oh yea and lets not forget the Mercies and Graces of God! But let me tell you something else I have been forced to remember….life is hard. Being on staff at a church we often forget what real life is like. Now I grant you, I am a seminary student so yes I am not “in the trenches.” But over the past few weeks I have remembered that many times our lives can be cumbersome and they can be messy. Seriously, lets set aside those devastating moments in life and think about the everyday. Today, yes today, was messy. You interacted with people. You might have argued with people. You might even have waved at another driver using only one finger. (or does that happen only in New Orleans?) But more than those things, today someone might have hurt you deeply. Today you might have been tempted in a way that you have not been in years. Today, just out of the blue, you might have thought about that night ten or twenty years ago when that, whatever that is, happened. Yall those are the things we experience. Those are the things that have reminded me of God’s faithfulness and His providence and yes His mercies and His grace. Life is hard, but never forget that you are sons and daughters of the King who is faithful in spite of out faithlessness and is sovereign in all things.

Please continue to you pray for me as strive for righteousness. Moreover, to use one of Mark’s inane expressions, I am looking at this call that God has put on my life like a cow looking at a new gate. I don’t understand how he could call me to lead people. Yet, he has. Please keep me in your prayers that I will become the man God has called me to be so that I can be the leader He wants me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home