jcardinell

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Martha Stewart





As I walked to work Tuesday morning I figured it was going to be a bad day. All morning long I kept dropping things and forgetting things and there was a great threat of rain. To top it all off I had no music to listen to on the way to work. When I got to work I was told to read "the rules." So I found "the rules" and realized that we were having a big event that day. "The rules" informed me of what Martha was and was not going to do and what the customers were expected to do. Martha Stewart was coming to sign her new book Martha's Rules. So we began to prepare, and I thought it somewhat funny that the maintance people were on ladders cleaning the columns. I guess management wanted the place to be spick and span for the home diva. So I spent all morning selling books to freaks. I mean these people were crazy. They LOVE Martha and they talk about her like she is their best friend. I think these people actually would have invited her over for dinner and expected her to be impressed with their cooking and decorating skills

I knew that I would not see Martha because they would whisk her up to the fourth floor, but I figured I would go up to see her during my break. So when I got off at 12:30 I walked out the back door only to be greeted by the eager paparazzi. I think they were greatly disappointed in me. Well, I wanted to tell them that I may not be able to cook dinner for 25 and never get a hair out of place, but if they followed me around and listened to my thoughts I would make a much better story than Martha. After I pushed through the cameras and lights I made my way to McDonald. I knew that I could not go see Martha on an empty stomach; I knew she would make me sick if I did. After eating my fare I made my way back to the store and up to the fourth floor to see this person. I could have gotten close because I am an employee, but I kept my distance. To be honest I was embarrassed to go see her. From my place though I could watch her sign the books for her dedicated fans. She had the absolute best posture of any person I have ever seen. It was amazing!

so that is my brush with fame this week...

haha

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home